Tankless Water Heater Services in Topeka
Reliable tankless water heater installation and repair in the Topeka area.
If you haven’t considered upgrading your home from a traditional hot water tank to a tankless water heater, you might be missing out! If you are considering this option, there is something to be said for professional installation. Pat Plumbing, Heating and Air is just the company you need for this situation--we are distributors for A.O. Smith tankless water heaters which are not sold in retail stores.
Tankless vs Traditional Water Heaters
You might already have guessed from the name that a tankless water heater does not, in fact, have a tank. Other than this bit of information, you might not know a whole lot else about them or why they could be a better option for your home. Here are a few things to consider:
- LONGEVITY: tankless water heaters last around 20 years; traditional water heaters will last, on average, 10 years
- ON-DEMAND: traditional water heaters heat a tank of water and keep it hot until someone uses it. Tankless systems heat water AS it is needed, saving on energy. This also means never running out of hot water if you are last to take a shower
- SPACE NEEDED: tankless water heaters can be installed almost anywhere in the home, including tight spaces or even along an outside wall. Water heater storage tanks take up much-needed space and are not flexible with where they are installed.
Benefits of Tankless Water Heaters
Switching to a tankless water heater offers a range of advantages that have made it a popular choice for homeowners seeking efficient and convenient hot water solutions. Unlike traditional storage tank water heaters, tankless models heat water on-demand, providing a continuous supply of hot water without the limitations of a preheated reservoir. This innovative approach comes with several benefits that enhance both energy efficiency and overall convenience.
- Endless Hot Water Supply: Tankless water heaters provide a continuous flow of hot water, ensuring that you never run out during long showers or multiple concurrent water uses.
- Energy Efficiency: By heating water only when needed, tankless heaters minimize standby energy losses, resulting in lower utility bills and reduced energy consumption.
- Reduced Water Heating Costs: The on-demand heating nature of tankless models can potentially save you up to 20% on water heating costs annually.
- Less Environmental Impact: Lower energy usage means fewer greenhouse gas emissions, contributing to a more sustainable household.
- Customizable Temperature Settings: Many tankless models allow precise temperature control, giving you the perfect hot water for various tasks.
- Decreased Risk of Water Damage: Without a large tank storing water, the risk of leaks and water damage is significantly minimized.
- Minimal Maintenance: Tankless systems typically require less maintenance than traditional heaters, reducing the hassle and cost of upkeep.
Common Tankless Water Heater Problems
Just about everything in life will come with its fair share of problems. Tankless water heaters are no different and unfortunately can have an issue here and there. The difference between these problems and other, bigger ones is the fact that they’re relatively easy to fix. If ever you do need tankless water heater repair, Pat Plumbing, Heating and Air is definitely the right call to make! Here are a few common issues and how to fix or avoid them:
- FLAME AND IGNITION FAILURE– both of these problems can be caused by an issue with the gas–either a low tank or failure to pay the bill. They also may be caused by electrical issues which will likely be covered under the warranty
- JOLTS OF COLD WATER– yes, tankless water heaters are ‘on-demand,’ but they still take time to heat water. If someone takes a shower before you, turns the water off, then you turn it back on and get in, you will have hot water. After a few seconds, you might be sprayed with cold water as the initial hot water was left in the pipe and the tankless heater is sending more your way. The only way to avoid this is to wait until that blast of cold water has passed
- MINERAL BUILDUP– if you have hard water and choose not to install a softener, the buildup of minerals can impair the function of your tankless (and traditional) water heater
Don’t Do It Yourself–Call Pat Plumbing, Heating and Air
If you’re ready to upgrade your water heater from a storage tank version to a tankless system, give Pat Plumbing, Heating and Air a call! We are always ready to talk to you about the best option for your home and your family.
Call Pat Plumbing, Heating and Air at 785-783-5780 to get to know all of your tankless water heater options!
We are so pleased with the service Andre & Gary provided us. Andre was thorough and great at communicating about what our ...- Alvondaro D.
Trey was great. He answered all of my questions and was very professional. I'm so glad I chose this company and will use agai ...- AR
We were very satisfied with Henry. He was very polite and thorough.- Marie
Thank you Pat's Plumbing! Dalton came to our home and cleared a blocked drain. He was very polite and respectful to me and ...- Kevin
Prompt, professional, detailed explanation of the service they performed. Provided recommendations on what to do to improve ...- Drj
Trey is very personable and takes time to explain what he’s doing , what he found, ect. Very patient and likes my dog!- Joyce M.
Scheduled my tankless water heater to be descaled. Technician Trey Schwilling provided excellent and competent customer ...- Cindy G.
Thank you Clayton for the efficiency and quality job. This was our first time to use Pat's Plumbing but not the last. It was ...- Carol L.