Burst Pipe Repair in Topeka
Fast burst and frozen pipe repair in the Topeka area.
IIf you have never experienced a burst pipe, be thankful. If you have experienced this type of plumbing emergency, you understand the need for a reliable and honest emergency plumber. Although most people think of burst pipes as a winter-only occurrence, these problems can actually happen anytime during the year, for different reasons. When you do encounter a burst pipe, calling a company with a friendly customer service representative on the other end will begin to make the process easier. Once you’ve made the call, one of our skilled technicians will be dispatched to your home to begin repairs. Pat Plumbing, Heating and Air understands the need for a quick response but also aims for your complete satisfaction.
Preventing Burst Pipes
The best way to never encounter a burst pipe is to be aware of when they are most likely to occur and follow certain steps to prevent them. Here are a few steps you can take to avoid having a pipe burst in your home:
- Direct warm air to colder areas of your home, specifically toward pipes near an outside wall or window
- Keep one or two faucets running slowly as the constant movement of water will help prevent freezing
- Leave cabinet doors open for sinks that are located on outside walls (typically your kitchen sink)
- Disconnect your hose from the outside faucet. Failing to do so can prevent drainage, leaving the device to freeze and break
- Seal even small air leaks. In extreme cold, a small air leak around electrical wiring, dryer vents, or windows could be enough to freeze a pipe
You may have noticed that these tips pertain to pipes that have burst due to freezing. However, a burst pipe can also occur due to built up water pressure from clogs or blockages as well as corrosion.
How to Handle a Burst Pipe
Chances are, if you follow the above steps, you will not deal with a burst pipe. However, it is still possible for a burst pipe to occur, or for an air leak to be overlooked. Regardless, if you have a burst pipe, you will want to follow certain steps:
- Turn off the water at the main shutoff valve
- Turn off the electricity in the area of the home that the burst pipe occurred
- Call Pat Plumbing, Heating and Air
- Start removing water–use buckets, mops, towels, and a wet/dry vacuum if needed
Don’t Stress Too Much
We know that a burst pipe can be stressful, which is why we are a dedicated plumbing company, ready to go to work at a moment’s notice. Once we are able to assess the damage, we can begin repairs. This will allow you to continue what you need to do and if needed, call for a water remediation service. Pat Plumbing, Heating and Air will do everything possible to make this emergency more bearable and help get your plumbing back to normal.
Know which plumber you plan to call in case of a burst pipe BEFORE you need them. Call Pat Plumbing, Heating and Air at 785-783-5780 for reliable services.
We are so pleased with the service Andre & Gary provided us. Andre was thorough and great at communicating about what our ...- Alvondaro D.
Trey was great. He answered all of my questions and was very professional. I'm so glad I chose this company and will use agai ...- AR
We were very satisfied with Henry. He was very polite and thorough.- Marie
Thank you Pat's Plumbing! Dalton came to our home and cleared a blocked drain. He was very polite and respectful to me and ...- Kevin
Prompt, professional, detailed explanation of the service they performed. Provided recommendations on what to do to improve ...- Drj
Trey is very personable and takes time to explain what he’s doing , what he found, ect. Very patient and likes my dog!- Joyce M.
Scheduled my tankless water heater to be descaled. Technician Trey Schwilling provided excellent and competent customer ...- Cindy G.
Thank you Clayton for the efficiency and quality job. This was our first time to use Pat's Plumbing but not the last. It was ...- Carol L.