Humidifier Services in Topeka
Reliable humidifier repair, installation, and replacement services in the Topeka area.
If you aren’t a fan of heat and humidity, you might be questioning why in the world you’d need a humidifier in your home. You might also be wondering what company might be able to install this appliance if you determine you do need one. The answer to this question is Pat Plumbing, Heating and Air! We are a full-service HVAC and plumbing company with a passion for service and satisfaction. Our goal is always to meet your expectations and you can trust that technicians sent to your home will never sell you on unneeded or unwanted services or repairs.
Signs You Need a Humidifier
When you’re not a fan of humid weather, it is really hard to imagine needing or wanting a humidifier in your home. If you can’t imagine having the need for this appliance or if you believe it to be unnecessary, keep reading! Here are the top reasons you might need a humidifier in your home:
- Dry air can cause damage to wood floors, furniture, electronics, and paint. A humidifier can keep your home at the right humidity levels and ensure various items are not damaged due to lack of moisture in the air
- Dry, itchy throats, skin, noses… allergies, asthma. All of these are part of the discomfort that comes with dry air
- Comfort isn’t the only thing compromised, your health can be, too. Viruses and infections grow and spread far easier in dry air
- Humidifiers can make air temperatures feel warmer allowing for better energy efficiency during the winter
Red Flags of Humidifier Problems
Although humidifiers can help with a host of household problems that accompany dry air, they can also have problems themselves. Sometimes, it is due to the appliance age, other times it is due to lack of proper maintenance. Regardless, these problems can happen but you should be aware of what they are:
- NOISE- this can indicate a clogged drive, unlubricated fan motor, or vibration of parts that shouldn’t be moving
- ODORS- the humidifier should be cleaned
- NO POWER- likely an issue with the controls or power source
- LEAKS- possibly water in the drain reservoir or damage in the wick or hose
Call Pat Plumbing, Heating and Air for the Best Service!
Humidifiers are an important part of your HVAC system–however, these appliances are not mandatory! Pat Plumbing, Heating and Air will never try to sell you extra services or appliances that you don’t truly need. If you do decide to purchase them, we will walk you through the best options for your home, your family, AND your budget! Then we will take care of the installation process to make sure things run smoothly!
Choosing to call Pat Plumbing, Heating and Air at 785-783-5780 will be the best decision you can make for any HVAC repair or installation!