Heating Services in Topeka, KS
High-Quality Furnace & Heater Repair, Replacement & Maintenance
Living in Kansas can mean freezing winters with dreary days and icy nights. The last thing that anyone wants is to wake up in the middle of the night with icicles forming on their nose. Although this might be an over-exaggeration, the truth is that heaters break during the most inopportune time. Pat Plumbing, Heating and Air is a company that is locally owned as well as being licensed and insured. In addition to these benefits, we also use upfront, flat-rate pricing which allows you to know the price of the repairs before we even start.
Heating Services We Offer:
- Heater Repair & Maintenance
- Heater Installation & Replacement
- Furnace Repair & Maintenance
- Furnace Installation & Replacement
- Heat Pump Repair & Installation
Signs Your Heater Needs Service
Waking up in the middle of a winter night freezing cold is usually a clear-cut sign that your heater needs a repair. However, there are ways to avoid this scenario, including yearly maintenance. In addition to this, we have some often overlooked signs that your heater may be in need of repair:
- ABNORMAL SMELLS- heaters typically smell like the fuel they use when they’re turned on for the first time that year. However, if the scent doesn’t go away or the odor appears suddenly, this may be a sign of a problem
- PILOT LIGHT- a pilot light should always be blue. When the pilot changes colors, it is usually a sign of a ventilation problem, particularly with carbon monoxide
- TOO LITTLE HEAT- if your heater is producing too little heat, regardless of the thermostat setting, it is costing you money. This is also a sign that your heater needs maintenance
- NOISES- all heaters make noises, but the ones we’re talking about are loud and persistent. When there is a constant, loud noise coming from your heater, there may be a belt or another component that is broken
Don’t Service it, Replace it!
Although each of the problems listed above is indicative of a heater in need of service, there are a few times that things are a bit more serious. In this case, we are talking about the need to replace your heater. Here are the considerations that should be made before you choose to repair your heater once again:
- AGE– every appliance has a life expectancy. For heaters, the life expectancy is around 15 years. After this length of time, repairs become more frequent and newer models become more efficient
- REPEATED REPAIRS– if it seems that you’re having to repair your heater two and three times per year, it is likely cheaper to simply replace it, especially over time
- UNCOMFORTABLE HOME– adjusting your thermostat when you leave or arrive home is common. Adjusting it constantly in an attempt to feel comfortable is a sign of a failing heater
We understand that heaters and furnaces are expensive, we also understand that it isn’t always in the budget to replace them. When you call Pat Plumbing, Heating and Air, we will send a qualified technician to your home. After diagnosing the problems with your heater, we will present you with all of your options, as well as what we would do if it were our home.
We are so pleased with the service Andre & Gary provided us. Andre was thorough and great at communicating about what our ...- Alvondaro D.
Trey was great. He answered all of my questions and was very professional. I'm so glad I chose this company and will use agai ...- AR
We were very satisfied with Henry. He was very polite and thorough.- Marie
Thank you Pat's Plumbing! Dalton came to our home and cleared a blocked drain. He was very polite and respectful to me and ...- Kevin
Prompt, professional, detailed explanation of the service they performed. Provided recommendations on what to do to improve ...- Drj
Trey is very personable and takes time to explain what he’s doing , what he found, ect. Very patient and likes my dog!- Joyce M.
Scheduled my tankless water heater to be descaled. Technician Trey Schwilling provided excellent and competent customer ...- Cindy G.
Thank you Clayton for the efficiency and quality job. This was our first time to use Pat's Plumbing but not the last. It was ...- Carol L.