AC Filter Replacement Services in Topeka
Reliable AC filter replacement services in Topeka, Kansas.
When you are looking for a reliable air conditioning service company, do your research. After doing your research, call Pat Plumbing, Heating and Air. We have been in the business for over 15 years and are family owned and operated. Aside from providing great services, our focus is your satisfaction! Our technicians always listen to your concerns about the problem at hand, present every solution as well as our recommendation, but ultimately understand the decision is yours. You will never be faced with a pushy sales tactic or unwanted services!
Why AC Filters Are So Important
Most people just think that their air conditioning filter is something that traps dirt, debris, and dust. It is, but it does FAR more than just that. Having a dirty AC filter will affect your system as a whole as well as your electric bill. Let’s take a deeper look into how AC filters can affect your home and wallet:
- HVAC blowers are responsible for circulating the air through your home. With a dirty filter, this component will work far harder than needed. This will lead to the component needing to be repaired or replaced sooner than otherwise needed
- Excess dust on the filter can provide a place for moisture to collect. Once moisture has collected, mold and mildew can begin to grow. This growth will be spread through the ductwork, allowing it to be inhaled by everyone in the home
- Air conditioners contribute a large percentage to your energy costs. When the filter is overly dirty, the sensors that control the temperature may not work as well, causing your home to be uncomfortably warm even though your unit is running. This can add more than 15% to your energy costs
How Often Should Air Filters be Changed?
Some AC companies stress that everyone should change their air conditioning filters every few months or after a certain amount of days. This schedule might work for some households, but each home is different. Some homes have pets, some homes are rarely occupied, and some have occupants with allergies. So, the question remains: when should you have your AC filter replaced? Here are a few guidelines that may be useful:
- Vacation homes or homes with only one resident will only need AC filter replacement every 6-12 months
- An ‘average’ suburban home (no pets) should replace the filter every 3 months
- Homes with a dog or cat should have the filter replaced every 2 months
- Homes with more than one pet or that have an allergy sufferer should change the filter every 20-45 days
The above guidelines are just that–guidelines. They do not take into account the type of filter being used, pollution in the area, nor the overall indoor air quality.
Professional AC Filter Installation
Although changing an AC filter is usually easy enough for most homeowners, sometimes it can present a problem. Air conditioning filters that are located in odd or hard-to-reach areas can cause a homeowner to change it less than regularly. There is also the chance of installing the wrong type of filter or doing so incorrectly. Choosing a professional air conditioning company to replace and install filters can make doing the job easier, and ensure the correct filter is installed every time.
If you’d like to make sure your AC is functioning properly and that your home has high-quality indoor air, make a call to Pat Plumbing, Heating and Air at 785-783-5780! We can educate you on the best filter for your home and unit, how often to change it, and even provide these services!