Topeka Air Conditioning Services
Honest & Reliable Cooling Experts
The air conditioner of your home is one of the most expensive appliances you own. Not only is it expensive, but it is also worth its weight in gold during those hot summers. Knowing who to call when you need AC service can mean the difference between staying cool and having recurring repair bills.
Pat Plumbing, Heating and Air is your solution to all things AC. We hire only the best technicians after they pass a background check and drug screen and before they ever make it to your home.
Our air conditioning services in Topeka include:
- Air conditioning repair and maintenance
- Air conditioning installation and replacement
- Ductless mini-split AC systems
- Air handler services
- Evaporator coil services
- AC refrigeration repair
When It’s Time to Replace Your AC
In the middle of summer, no one wants to go without heat for longer than they have to. Because of this, it may be wise to replace your air conditioner before it completely goes out. But wait—you don’t want to waste money before it quits, right? Truth is, you’re probably already wasting money due to the old unit’s inefficiency.
Here are a few other signs that you should look for to replace your AC:
- Age – If your unit is older than 15 years, it is definitely time for a new one
- Cost of repair – If your old unit isn’t quite 15 (but is getting close) but the repairs needed are expensive, consider replacing the AC.
- Uses R-22 refrigerant – R-22 is the old type of refrigerant but the government is aging it out. This means it is becoming extremely expensive. Replacing the AC is a more practical option.
- High or rising bills – Think back over the past two years. Your energy consumption likely hasn’t changed much, but your bills increasing is a strong indicator of an old HVAC unit
- Uncomfortable home –Whether one part of your home is not getting cold or the entire home is not cool at all, call us!
Common Air Conditioning Problems
Quite often, other Topeka air conditioning service technicians will fix or attempt to fix the problem with your AC. When it comes time to pay the bill, they quickly run through what was wrong, usually not really explaining anything in a way you can understand. At Pat Plumbing, Heating and Air, we want you to understand what we are saying and what you’re paying for–so we will take time to talk you through anything that needs to be done.
Here are a few common air conditioner issues that require a call to professionals:
- Noises – When your air conditioner starts making noises that you’ve never heard, there could be a part loose or broken.
- Smells – A burning smell could indicate that a component has broken or lubrication is needed. If you smell fuel, it’s possible that there is a leak.
- Endless cycles – The air conditioner shouldn’t constantly be running. This burns power and costs you money. It also puts wear and tear on your unit
- Dirty coils – When the coils become dirty, they do not cool efficiently. This can lead to other problems like endless cycles and high energy bills.
The biggest and best step you can take toward maintaining your air conditioner is to keep the filters clean. This means changing them every 60-90 days, depending on your household’s needs.
If you don’t believe us when we say your satisfaction is guaranteed, just read what our customers have to say in their reviews!
Call Our Trained Topeka AC Experts
Your air conditioner is such a valuable appliance, so when you call someone for repairs, their expertise is absolutely required. Don’t risk your comfort and even more repairs to fix what other companies have messed up. Simply call Pat Plumbing, Heating and Air from the start!
We are so pleased with the service Andre & Gary provided us. Andre was thorough and great at communicating about what our ...- Alvondaro D.
Trey was great. He answered all of my questions and was very professional. I'm so glad I chose this company and will use agai ...- AR
We were very satisfied with Henry. He was very polite and thorough.- Marie
Thank you Pat's Plumbing! Dalton came to our home and cleared a blocked drain. He was very polite and respectful to me and ...- Kevin
Prompt, professional, detailed explanation of the service they performed. Provided recommendations on what to do to improve ...- Drj
Trey is very personable and takes time to explain what he’s doing , what he found, ect. Very patient and likes my dog!- Joyce M.
Scheduled my tankless water heater to be descaled. Technician Trey Schwilling provided excellent and competent customer ...- Cindy G.
Thank you Clayton for the efficiency and quality job. This was our first time to use Pat's Plumbing but not the last. It was ...- Carol L.