Air Handler Services in Topeka
Reliable air handler repair, installation, and replacement services in the Topeka area.
The air conditioner that provides comfort to your home is one of the most important appliances you’ll ever own. Every single component and part serves a purpose. When something breaks or malfunctions, it is important to call a reliable air conditioning company that knows how to repair it. Pat Plumbing, Heating and Air is the only number you will need! Our technicians will listen to your concerns, diagnose the problem, and provide all solutions available. Although we may tell you what is recommended, we will not try to upsell you on expensive add-ons or try to sway your decision.
What Exactly is an Air Handler?
An air conditioning system is made up of two main parts: the indoor and outdoor units. The indoor system is known as the air handler and is designed to circulate cooled air through your home. This portion of your HVAC unit also helps the outdoor portion to not work as hard. There are three main parts of an air handler, these parts include:
- THE BLOWER- this part of the air handler is basically a fan that will push the air through the ductwork of your home, providing you with cooled or warmed air
- EVAPORATOR COILS- refrigerant runs through these coils which will remove heat from the air as it is blown across. As the heat is absorbed, it is sent to the outside part of the AC unit
- AIR FILTER- the filter in your air handler helps ensure that dust and pollen do not enter your home.
Common Air Handler Problems
There aren’t many problems that are worse than your air conditioning unit going out in the middle of a hot summer day. At first, your home may be bearable, but soon enough you will experience sweltering heat. Most people don’t have air conditioning funds or extra money to just throw toward an unknown problem, so having an idea of what it is may ease your mind. Here are a few of the most common air handler problems that we encounter:
- DIRTY EVAPORATOR COILS– when your coils become dirty, they can freeze up. Frozen coils can mean very little or no cold air coming through your vents
- BLOWER FAILURE– sometimes a blower motor can give out or malfunction. There are a number of reasons this can happen, some of which are quite easy to fix while others may require a completely new blower motor
- AIR FILTER OBSTRUCTIONS– having obstructions interrupt air flow might be THE most common problem seen, and it is the easiest problem to fix, simply by keeping up with the air filters
Keeping You Cool All Summer Long
Keeping your air handler functioning is important for keeping your home nice and cool during the summer. It can also play a role in the heating of your home during winter months. This makes the air handler of your HVAC unit absolutely integral! Calling a professional like Pat Plumbing, Heating and Air will ensure that you stay comfortable no matter the time of year. Our technicians are trained to work on many brands and models of HVAC units and are constantly learning the newest skills needed for the most technologically-advanced systems.
When you’re in need of a reliable and honest AC technician, look no further than Pat Plumbing, Heating and Air! Call us at 785-783-5780 to experience great service!
Don't Take Our Word For ItSee What Your Neighbors Have to Say About Pat's
Pat the Plumber is our team when it comes to any plumbing or HVAC needs for our home.- Alvondaro D.
Trey was great- AR
Polite and Thorough- Marie
Thank You Pat's Plumbing!- Kevin
Prompt, professional, detailed explanation of the service they performed.- Drj