Topeka Air Conditioning Repair & Maintenance
Keeping Your AC in Tip-Top Shape
If you were to look at random reviews online about different AC companies, you’d probably see a number of horror stories. Instances where the contractor charged the homeowner money and never returned; refusing to repair a unit after improperly installing components; or simply never answering the phone or consistently running late. Not all air conditioning companies behave or perform like these examples. At Pat Plumbing, Heating and Air, we show integrity and honesty by using upfront, flat-rate pricing, assuring 100% satisfaction, answering the phone around the clock, and arriving on time.
Maintaining a Healthy Air Conditioner
People say the best prevention is maintenance, and this is definitely true for air conditioning systems. Hopefully, you change the air filter in your home regularly (and if you don’t, start doing so!). Unfortunately, even with changing the air filter often, it does not mean you are completely free of any potential problems. The easiest step you can take to ensuring your air conditioning is always in working order is to have it inspected at least once per year. This is done preferably in the spring before the heat of Kansas’ summers really kick in.
Other than inspection, here are a few other ways to keep your air conditioner healthy:
- Keep the area around the outside unit clean and free of leaves, dirt, and other debris.
- Ensure you have a programmable thermostat. Aside from saving energy, it keeps the air conditioner from constantly running which puts less wear and tear on the system.
- Find air leaks in your ducts by running the air conditioner, moving the insulation, and lighting a piece of incense or smoke pencil. If the smoke blows around, there is a leak and you can likely patch it with foil tape.
Common Air Conditioning Repairs in Topeka
Sometimes air conditioning units need a bit of TLC (tender loving care) to keep running. Usually, it isn’t anything major, but if our upfront, flat-rate pricing seems expensive, talk to your technician about whether it is better to replace or repair the unit.
Of all the repairs we perform, these are the most common:
- Refrigerant leak detection, repair, and/or recharge
- Circuit breakers, circuit boards, fuses, or relay replacement
- Thermostat replacement
- Drain line cleaning (don’t let them get too dirty, leaking water could cause damage!)
- Condenser and evaporator coil cleaning and repair
All of these items are typically checked during your annual inspection, but that doesn’t mean they are guaranteed to not happen.
Trust Pat Plumbing, Heating and Air
When the inside of your home feels the same as outside temperatures, there is a good chance there is something wrong with your air conditioning unit. Although this can be stressful, it doesn’t have to be! Just remember to call Pat Plumbing, Heating and Air—we love making your day brighter with the best AC services in Topeka.
When your AC starts giving you problems, just call (785) 783-5780. We’ll get it fixed in a hurry and ensure you are cool, comfortable, and happy in no time at all.