Rossville Plumbing Services
Reliable drain cleaning and plumbing in the Rossville area.
The old vision of a plumber may still be in existence with some companies--you know, the always late, ill-fitting, dirty clothes, disrespectful guy that charges an arm and a leg for services? Not with Pat Plumbing, Heating and Air. Our technicians will arrive at your home, on time with a fully stocked truck, ready to work. They will arrive with well-marked, clean uniforms, shoe covers, and drop cloths. Once the problem is diagnosed, they will explain it to you and make recommendations on the solution. The recommendations are just that--not a pushy sales technique. Overall, you will be very pleased with this new and improved version of plumbers!
Don’t Try to Remove the Clog Yourself!
If you have experienced a drain clog in the past, you know how frustrating it can be. You may have tried to snake it out yourself or pour store-bought cleaner down the drain. Both of these techniques can be damaging to your drain, and one of them can be harmful to you and the environment as well. The drain snake may not pose a serious threat but can damage piping if used incorrectly. However, the drain cleaner has far more risks:
- Drain cleaning products contain lye. Lye is a chemical that has been used in small amounts in soaps and detergents
- High concentrations of lye can corrode the pipe through a thermal reaction
- Store-bought drain cleaners can cause burns to the skin, eyes, and lungs
- These products are terrible for the environment
- Unfortunately, these risks don’t actually mean the product will completely work. Typically, biofilm and other sludge is left behind which leaves something for new clogs to cling to
The best way to remove a clog is to call a plumber and schedule an appointment.
Easy Way to Get Rid of Clogs is Prevention
The easiest way to avoid clogs is to be cognizant of what is going down your drains and be flushed in your toilet. Of course, there will be normal use of the drains and toilets–soap, toothpaste, toilet paper, and even small bits of food debris from the kitchen. However, there are a few things you should avoid at all costs:
- GREASE– grease solidifies in your pipes causing clogs
- TOO much toilet paper
- FEMININE products and wet wipes (some may say flushable, do so at your own risk)
- FOOD– a garbage disposal is not a trash can
- HAIR– everyone sheds some hair while in the shower, consider a hair trap to cut down on what goes into your plumbing
Call Pat, We’ll Fix That!
If you do find yourself having a problem with clogged drains, call us first! Our technicians can quickly and safely solve the problem and help you discover easy ways to prevent it in the future. The best part about calling Pat Plumbing, Heating and Air is the fact that if we can’t get your drain to work, you don’t pay!