Kitchen Plumbing Services in Topeka
Reliable garbage disposal installation and kitchen sink repair in the Topeka area.
You’re pushing food down the drain and cleaning up after dinner when your kitchen sink backs up and you hear a gurgling noise. You flip the switch for the garbage disposal and nothing but a sickly-sounding whirring noise happens. There is a chance your garbage disposal has bit the dust. Luckily, this isn’t too serious of a problem and a quick call to Pat Plumbing, Heating and Air can solve it! We are a full service, company that focuses on customer service. Our goal for every job is your 100% satisfaction--it’s guaranteed!
Garbage Disposal Tips & Tricks
Chances are, your mom always told you to run your garbage disposal a certain way, and to ‘sharpen’ the blades by throwing ice or citrus into it. Your mom (or maybe society) has probably given you the idea that these appliances can handle any and everything that is thrown into it. Disregard all of that information. Here is what you actually need to know:
- Most people believe it is best to run their garbage disposal with hot water running, but the opposite is true. Cold water will help coagulate any grease or fats allowing for the blades to chop it up. This means it is chopped into pieces and sent further into your pipes, as opposed to staying in liquid form and later clogging up your drain
- The blades on a garbage disposal are more like cheese graters than knife blades. They don’t actually need to be sharpened with citrus fruits, ice, salt, or anything else you’ve been told
- Citrus has often been used to sharpen the blades (see above) and to help make the drain smell better. If your garbage disposal has a bad odor, pour lemon juice down your drain.
- Another reason not to use hot water? A garbage disposal is a machine with moving parts that can overheat. Adding hot water to the mix will help the unit to overheat faster.
- Stringy foods like celery and egg shells should be thrown away, not put into the garbage disposal. The appliance is meant to handle small scraps, not platefuls of food
Don’t Ignore Your Leaky Sink!
One night, as you’re laying in bed, you hear it… drip, drip, drip. It’s annoying at first but then it just sounds like any other noise in your home and you learn to ignore it. Unfortunately, left unrepaired, your leaky kitchen sink can cause some damage and waste a decent amount of money.
Skip the errand to the hardware store, simply call Pat Plumbing, Heating and Air. The reason behind this is because a leaky sink can be caused by a number of issues and replacing one part or another will only mask it. Problems like defective gaskets, mineral deposits, and pipe corrosion all can cause a leaking sink–and all of these problems are ones that should be addressed by a professional.
Call the Experts–Call Pat Plumbing, Heating and Air!
Whether you’re in need of an updated kitchen look with a new sink, you need to repair an old faucet or are ready to get a new garbage disposal, Pat Plumbing, Heating and Air is the company for the job! Our technicians are all highly trained in the latest technologies and techniques which will ensure you get the best possible quality of work!