Mineral Springs Plumbing and Drain Cleaning
Reliable drain cleaning and water heater installation in Mineral Springs.
Looking for a reliable plumber doesn’t have to be stressful. In fact, simply calling Pat Plumbing, Heating and Air might be the least stressful decision you can make. Our technicians arrive on time with fully stocked trucks and our warranties are the longest in the business. Whatever the problem may be, you can rest assured that you won’t be left to clean up a mess left by dirty shoes as all of our technicians wear shoe covers and utilize drop cloths.
When to Replace Your Water Heater
Hot water is a commodity that is used on a daily basis to help clean your body, home, clothes, dishes, and numerous other things. The last thing anyone wants is to deal with a sudden loss of hot water. To prevent this, replacing your water heater before it completely breaks is ideal, but how do you know when to replace it without doing so too soon? Here are a few things to consider:
- AGE- water heaters last about 8-10 years. This isn’t a hard and fast rule but after this point, the chances of the appliance breaking increase drastically
- RUST- if you are noticing rusty water in your sinks or bathtub, there is a high chance it is coming from the water heater. To tell if the tank is rusted or if the problem is within your pipes, drain several buckets from your water tank. If the third bucket is still rusty, the problem is within the tank
- NOISE- water heaters should operate relatively quietly. If you are hearing banging noises, sediment has built up on the bottom and is constantly being reheated
- WATER TEMPERATURE- if the temperature of your water is no longer sufficient for your household, double check to ensure it is not a maladjusted thermostat. If this isn’t the problem, a new water heater may be in your future
Professional Drain Cleaning
Clogged drains are a problem most people think they can remedy themselves. Often, homeowners will use store-bought drain cleaner to help clear their pipes of clogs. Although this may seem to fix the problem, it will always come back and quicker than expected. Here is everything you need to know about (not) using chemical drain cleaners:
- STORE-BOUGHT cleaners are made with a chemical called lye. Lye has been used in detergents and soaps for years, but always in small amounts. In store-bought drain cleaners, the amount of lye used is extremely high
- DRAIN CLEANERS can cause burns to the skin and eyes, as well as the lungs if too much is inhaled
- THESE PRODUCTS aren’t bio-degradable and can harm the environment
- STORE-BOUGHT cleaners ‘dissolve’ leaks because of a thermal reaction. This thermal reaction can also dissolve your pipes, specifically PVC pipes
A Company to Take Care of All Plumbing Needs
When you are choosing a new plumber to take care of your pipes, be sure that their reputation is as outstanding as their advertisements. Once you’ve covered this, check into their licensing and insurance as well as whether or not they follow local codes. Pat Plumbing, Heating and Air will check off every box you have, and then some!